Whilst in the depths of late pregnancy, experiencing fatness like I have never experienced before, I thought I'd cheer myself up with a little list. It also whiled away some of the hours spent sitting around in hospital last week (the ones where I wasn't asleep anyway).
So here are the Top Ten things I'm looking forward to when I'm no longer pregnant. And I've not mentioned anything about the baby, cause that's a bit obvious (and I'm not the gushy type)!!
1. A brie and grape baguette - I'm craving it purely because I can't have it.
2. Laying flat on my back - I manage about 5 mins at the moment before I feel bad about squashing whichever artery it is and reducing everyone's blood flow.
3. Reaching my feet - not struggling to put shoes on.
4. Boiled egg and soldiers - in my new egg cups I got from Jamie at Home. Y.U.M.
5. A good night's sleep - ok, I'll have a newborn, who am I kidding?!? One day, maybe.
6. Cuddling my toddler without fearing for my bump - those kicky legs are just WAY out of control.
7. Walking upstairs without having to rest at the top - seriously exhausting work. If only we had a downstairs loo.
8. Being able to distinguish where ankle stops and foot begins - actually, they're not that badly swollen at the moment, but I'm sure this will soon change again.
9. Picking things up from the floor - well it'd be nice if I had no need to, but with a small child and small toys, it's an inevitable task. And one that is almost a complete physical impossibility at present.
10. Having my husband at home for a few days - it may not be the pleasant, relaxing experience I'm hoping for but it'll be nice to have adult company for a few days running anyway as I'm not managing to get out so much anymore.
Anyone else who's expecting... what are you missing the most or looking forward to post-birth?