Sunday 27 March 2011

A Day Off

I hadn't appreciated how much I needed some time off. But I felt SO good today at rehearsal with my choir, The Chanterelles.

I almost didn't make it. I was supposed to be there yesterday as well, but after being completely knocked off my feet this week when I developed mastitis (more of that another day), I wasn't sure I'd be up to it. And more importantly, I didn't think taking time away from the baby, missing up to 3 breastfeeds each day, would be the best idea. Really.

But our conductor contacted me last night and said she'd love to see me today, even if I needed to bring baby along. Personally, I think I'm THAT great a singer that she just needed my vocal input!!

So I packed Elliot up and we had a fantastic day. Even though he was there with me, it was like having time off from parenting (I suppose that means that Felix is the challenging one). And as I walked back through the front door feeling totally refreshed, I realised that I'd been parenting alone all day every day for the preceding 12 days (excluding yesterday). No wonder I needed a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment