Friday 9 April 2010

My First Mummy Blog

Well, I considered whether or not to start a mummy blog for quite some time. Then, after I'd got it into my head that it would be something I did 'for me' and not to 'gain' anything, I decided it just HAD to be done.

When I was young, both a teenager and before, I kept a diary. I wrote in it every day. It was mostly full of nonsense and boring stuff - alright, it was mostly full of boys I fancied - but it not only gave me pleasure to write it, it helped me to make sense of my world.

Now, anyone who has children must know that they sort of turn your world upside down. And even when you think you've got the hang of things and can cope, they spin off in a new and chaotic direction and leave you feeling, a little muddled, shall we say? So, after all the aforementioned consideration, I decided that I would start my own MummyBlog to help me 'get it out of my system' but also as a lovely record of the best years of my life (or so I'm told).

Here's to sharing with you, the reader, the ups and downs, the giggles and the painful falls. But mostly, to reminding myself of how great my life is and how lucky I am to have a beautiful little boy (and any other little ones that may come along in the future!).

No comments:

Post a Comment