Wednesday 5 May 2010

Real morning sickness

So, now I know what it's all about. And I am SO glad I didn't experience it last time and am not having too much of it this time round either.

Last night, at 2am, I woke up feeling terrible. I thought maybe it was just my full bladder making me feel so sick, so I dealt with that and sensibly collected myself a 'sick bucket' whilst I was up. But for the next hour or so, I lay in bed focussing on my breathing and rubbing my painful stomach. I couldn't help but think to myself "hmm, 9 weeks... this could go on for the next 7 days until I reach the peak of morning sickness at 10 weeks." What an awful thought. It gave me a new sympathy for friends who have been in and out of hospital with such bad sickness and the subsequent dehydration it causes.

Of course, this sickness was entirely to be blamed on pregnancy and not at all on the number of haribo I ate at my evening meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment